Join our team and benefit from:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Uniform allowance
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & prudential Life insurance products
The Dining Services Department at Givens Highland Farms, a leading nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Black Mountain, is hiring a full-time professional Pastry & Prep Cook to join our creative team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with the executive sous chef regarding recipe creation
- Improving the fine dining experience of residents
- Fulfilling catering orders for events on campus
Added plus if the candidate has:
- Knowledge of food handling and preparation
- Experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Grill, sauté, sauces & soups, and meat & fish fabrication experience
- Baking experience
Compensation: $15.50 - $17.50 per hour based on skills and experience plus our comprehensive benefits package!
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of January 27, 2022. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.