Join our team and benefit from:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus for full-time (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost –free basic coverage!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Uniform allowances
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Referral Bonus Program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Plus so much more!
Givens Highland Farms, a nonprofit continuing care retirement community in Black Mountain, is hiring a full-time Dining Team Lead. In this position, you will play a vital role in managing our dining team to deliver a high-quality dining experience and service to our community. The Dining Team Lead will have a unique opportunity to channel their knowledge, skills, ambition, and expertise in a meaningful way that directly impacts the lives of our residents, guests, and team members.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for organization, set-up, and closing of dining rooms, kitchen, dish room, and the Deli
- Assist in planning, organizing, and executing events and functions
- Assist the Certified Dietary Manager by attending meetings in their absence and performing assigned tasks
- Assist in the completion of all printed menus and help guide residents in menu selection as needed
- Assist the production team by providing routine feedback of plate appearance, portion sizes, garnish, condiments, etc.
- Ensure proper meal service techniques are followed (i.e. serve from left, pick up from right, serve courses in proper order, etc.)
- Respond and answer resident concerns, requests, and questions
- Responsible for organizing reservations for resident events
- Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training, and supervising wait staff team members
- Coordinate with the Dining Services Director and Assistant Director to complete initial 90 days of employment, as well as annual employee evaluations
- Maintain a welcoming and courteous disposition with residents and team members
- Manage and support the POS equipment and become FullCount “super-user”: register programming, run back-office reports, enter new residents in system, address resident billing complaints, etc.
- Lead effort to implement and streamline technology in the Dining Department
- Complete bi-weekly payroll duties as assigned
- Communicate with Dining Services Director and Assistant Director regarding resident meal accounts and departmental charges
- Lead all dining personnel and is responsible for the overall supervision of the Dining Service department
- Responsible for scheduling of Dining employees
- Food and beverage ordering and stocking as assigned
- Instruct employees in the use, care, and maintenance of equipment; maintains safety standards & practices
- Must be supportive of the teams and promote the team concept and nurture an inclusive and welcoming environment
What you'll need:
- High School or equivalent is required, while some higher education is preferred
- Courses or Training in Hospitality Management or Culinary Management is desired
- Minimum 3 years in hospitality, food service, or restaurant environment operations
- FOH supervision/management experience is highly preferred
- Working knowledge of sanitary standards related to food handling, preparation, and service.
Compensation: $18 - $20 per hour based on your experience and skillset plus the $1,000 sign-on bonus and our comprehensive benefits package!
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of January 27, 2022. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.