Why Choose Givens? Our team members have diverse backgrounds and experiences but unite with their passion for serving older adults in Western North Carolina. A focus on residents, helping them feel at home and vital to our communities, is what sets our work environment and team members apart.
We also have some pretty great benefits:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus (paid out in increments over the first six months)
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO) w/ immediate access to 5 PTO days before your 90 days!
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Prudential Life insurance products
- Over 5 miles of hiking trails to explore and access to our state-of-the-art fitness center and pool
- Plus so much more!
Givens Highland Farms, a leading nonprofit life plan community (continuing care retirement community) in Black Mountain, NC, is seeking a full-time Programming Assistant for our Health Center. Reporting to the Programming Coordinator, this vital position implements programs various life enrichment activities developed to meet the wellness needs of residents and ensure the highest degree of quality of life.
What you’ll do:
- Foster a welcoming and supportive environment for our residents
- Assist with planning and supporting group and one-on-one activities
- Collaborate with the programming coordinator to assist with specific programs and special events and projects
- Understand and be able to adapt and accommodate one-on-one activities and group programs for residents with specific needs
- Procure and maintain books, magazines, music, and other media requested by residents or the Programming Coordinator
- Maintain appropriate documentation as trained by and assigned by the Programming Coordinator
- Coordinate shopping for the residents with the Programming Coordinator, internal departments, and other key team members
- Assist with publishing the newsletter and monthly activity calendar
- Aid with planning, scheduling, and leading outings
- Participate in department team by attending meetings, providing input, active participation, and support of other department teams on campus as instructed by the Programming Coordinator
- Attend resident council meetings and interdisciplinary care plan meetings as assigned by the Programming Coordinator
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or GED, higher education is preferred
- Basic to intermediate skills with Microsoft Office 365 (SharePoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Show initiative within a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Prioritize tasks while providing exemplary support to our residents
- Able to work in an inclusive and respectful workplace and exhibit exemplary customer service
- Must have a flexible schedule to meet the needs of a 24/7 operation, including some evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Music Therapist, Recreation Therapist or Creative Arts Therapist is preferred, but not required.
Added plus if you have experience working with older adults and/or an activities program!
Compensation is based on your experience and skillset and includes our comprehensive benefits package!
Still curious about what Givens is all about? It's kind of a long story, but at our core, we're a senior housing organization with a lot of heart and committed to providing housing to seniors of all socioeconomic backgrounds across WNC. We already have four communities (two life plan communities and two affordable communities) with plans for many more in the coming years.
Givens Communities operates in compliance with the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) COVID-19 vaccination mandate. This means employees working in our assisted living or skilled nursing facilities must have received their first COVID-19 vaccination by a deadline of January 27, 2022. Requests for medical or religious exemptions from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.