Join our team and benefit from:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Paid out in increments over the first six months
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members & discounted rates for part-time!
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO) & referral bonus program
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Lincoln Life insurance products
We are seeking a full-time Social Worker to join our Life Enrichment team at Givens Estates, a premier Life Plan Community located in Asheville, NC. This position will help support our growing independent living population. The shift that we are currently seeking is regular business hours with nights and weekends as necessary.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with other Independent Living Social Workers, the Givens Estates Health Center and Assisted Living Social Workers, Campus Nurse, Director of Nursing, and Director of Ministries
- Implementing and evaluating planned social services activities, both on group levels and in one-to-one settings
- Providing referral and community resource information to residents or families, as needed
- Advocating for and upholding Residents' Rights, including documentation and follow-up on resident and/or family complaints or grievances
- Monitoring the needs of residents regularly and coordinating services or providing services to meet identified needs when appropriate
- Working with the Campus Nurse, Director of Nursing and Administration in developing care plans tailored to the needs of individual residents, particularly as it relates to pre-and post-hospitalization
- Developing supportive and caring relationships with residents and provide support and counsel residents during crisis/death of spouse and friends.
- Fostering a sense of Community among various residential options (rental units, villas, duplexes, cottages, houses, apartments, assisted living, and health center)
- Playing an active role in the new resident orientation process by working in collaboration with the Marketing team and Campus Nurse to assess, approve, and coordinate new residents' move-in and orientation to independent living
Qualified candidates will have:
- Bachelor's degree with a concentration in a Human Service related field; master's degree a plus
- 2+ years of experience working with older adults
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Database, spreadsheet, and Microsoft Office experience
- Working knowledge of the health care system and levels of care
- Ability to work independently, proactively, and with teams as required
- A valid NC Driver License with a clean driving record for the use of a facility vehicle
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to make individual and group presentations
Salary will commensurate with experience and include a comprehensive benefits package!