Join our team and benefit from:
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Paid out in increments over the first six months
- Three major medical health insurance plans to choose from with dental and vision coverage at no additional cost
- Free basic coverage for full-time team members
- Free short-term disability, life insurance, & access to our employee assistance program
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 403(b) retirement plan with up to a 6% matching
- Educational assistance & professional development opportunities
- Flexible spending account (FSA) & access to AFLAC & Lincoln Life insurance products
- Plus many more!
Givens Gerber Park, an affordable senior housing rental community in Asheville, NC, is looking to hire a full-time and salaried Café Supervisor. In this position, you will play a vital role in all aspects of our dining venue, Go To Café, to deliver a high-quality dining experience and service to our community. The schedule is Monday through Friday with first shift hours.
What you’ll do:
- Provide supervision and direction to the Café Coordinator and café team members to ensure smooth and consistent operation of the Café.
- Create a safe work environment by ensuring department sanitation and food safety requirements are followed according to Health Department and all other legal regulations and maintain a Health Department Grade 97.5% or higher
- Maintain Managerial ServSafe certification (we will cover the cost)
- Assume a mentorship role and should be comfortable with mentoring and coaching team members through new and challenging situations so they receive consistent and frequent feedback, training, and coaching.
- Takes primary role in evaluating team members performance
- Conducts team meetings to disseminate information and discuss operations of the Care
- Collaborates with the Café Coordinator on developing and revising menus to ensure nutritionally balanced meals with seasonal offerings that are budget friendly.
- Works with the Café Coordinator to ensure that food, labor, and operational costs consistently fall within established budget parameters and appropriately price the menu
- Develop and monitor the Café budget including reviewing invoices and monitoring expenses
- Responsible for full management and understanding of the POS system including production reports, inventory control, accounting reports, spoilage reports, etc.
- Assists Café Coordinator in closing daily sales through the POS system, ensuring adequate cash till and reconciling the till at the end of each shift
- Build Resident/guest relationships and maintain excellent customer service
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required, two or four year degree desired (focus in Culinary Arts preferred)
- Five Years in Hospitality, Food Service, or Restaurant Environment operations
- Current Serve Safe Certified desired
- Working knowledge of sanitary standards related to food handling and preparation
- Microsoft Office Suite Proficiency required
Added plus if the candidate has a ServSafe certification and/or a culinary degree!
Compensation: $40,000 - $46,000 Annually plus a comprehensive benefits package